Crown King School District #41
Call meeting to order. The meeting was called to order by Board President, Margaret Henningsen at 4:30 P.M.
Board Member, Kris Gray was present. Board Member, Sheila Coleman was absent. Also, in attendance were Head Teacher, Shannon Olson and Administrative Assistant, Sue Hite
Pledge of Allegiance
Unscheduled Public Appearance
Kris made a motion to approve the minutes from the April 3, 2019 Board Meeting, Margaret seconded.
Margaret made a motion that the board approve ratification of Voucher #9118 and payment of Voucher #9119, Kris seconded.
The district received a $400.00 Tax Credit donation from James and Elizabeth Cottrell.
Margaret made a motion to approve Sue’s request to open a credit account for maintenance purchases at Lowes, Kris seconded. Margaret signed a Interlocal Agreement (cooperative purchasing) with TCPN.
Margaret made a motion that the district extend the Special Duty stipend of $600.00 per month to include the month of June 2019. Shannon’s enrollment in the school’s health insurance plan becomes effective July 1, 2019.
Head Teacher Report:
- Our field trip to the Valley Youth Theatre went really well. The musical was fun, and we had lunch in downtown Phoenix. It was a great day!
- The REAP grant for 2019-2020 has been accepted and approved for funds.
- I will be absent on Thursday, May 9th for a family event. Chris Shill will be my substitute teacher.
- Our last day of school is Thursday, May 23rd.
- Jerry thinks the roof should not cost more than $5000 total, unless he finds something major under the house. He thinks the materials will be between $1000 and $1500. He said having a second person to help him with the roof will cut the labor time drastically. He purchased the toilet parts for the school bathroom, and will probably get that installed next week. He also purchased the smoke/carbon monoxide detectors for the teacherage.
Margaret made a motion that Jerry order maintenance materials before June 1, Kris seconded. Margaret made a motion that Sue advertise for a maintenance assistant, Kris seconded.
Margaret made a motion that the board approve Stan Buhr’s estimate for safety doors, Kris seconded.
- The board tabled a decision regarding ADA website compliance.
- Margaret made a motion that the board approve the FY2019 Budget Revision, Kris seconded.