Crown King School District #41
August 8, 2019
Call meeting to order. The meeting was called to order by Board President, Margaret Henningsen at 4:35 P.M.
Board Member, Kris Gray was present. Board Member, Sheila Coleman was absent. Also, in attendance was Head Teacher, Shannon Olson and Administrative Assistant, Sue Hite
Pledge of Allegiance
Unscheduled Public Appearance
Due to the absence of Board President, Margaret Henningsen, Kris made a motion that Sheila serve as acting President for this meeting, Sheila seconded.
Margaret made a motion to approve the minutes from the July 3, 2019 Board Meeting, Kris seconded.
The board was informed that training on suicide prevention at least once every three years is now mandatory for middle school employees.
Margaret made a motion that the board approve ratification of Voucher #8101 and payment of Voucher #8102, Kris seconded.
Shannon brought the board up-to-date with the teacherage roof project. Margaret made a motion that the district accept the $2,400.00 materials quote for the office security door project from Buhr Contracting, Kris seconded.
Head Teacher Report:
- School began Wednesday, August 7, with one 7th grade student enrolled. We had a great first two days!
- Maintenance updates for teacherage and school are documented in the maintenance list that I emailed to you. Margaret made a motion to approve the purchase of replacement vinyl flooring for the side teacherage porch, Kris seconded.
- Thanks so much to Kris for making our playground look amazing!
- We have two field trips planned to the Yavapai College Performing Arts Center. Call of the Wild is Wednesday, October 23, and We the People is Tuesday, February 4. Both are free performances. If mom and dad are both available, they will attend with us. I will meet them at the theater. If funds are available, it would be great to pay for lunch. Our student expressed interest in going to an aquarium, so I am looking into that. I emailed the Scottsdale aquarium to see if they could offer us a discount. We don’t qualify for their school or homeschool rate because they require at least 15 people. Without a discount it’s $34.95/adult and $25.95/child. They have add-ons for other activities that are $10/person. If it works out, we probably won’t go until April. Margaret made a motion that board approve all three field trips (including lunch) to be paid with Extra-Curricular Funds, Kris seconded.
- The board agreed to hire Gary Cummins to provide technology maintenance and updates.
- Policy Services Advisory 651-699 – Reviewed/ First Reading
- Employee Staffing Agreements – Substitute Teacher – Approved & Signatures