Crown King School District #41
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
September 4, 2019
Call meeting to order. The meeting was called to order by Board President, Margaret Henningsen at 4:30 P.M. Board Members, Sheila Coleman and Kris Gray were present. Also, in attendance was Head Teacher, Shannon Olson and Administrative Assistant, Sue Hite.
Pledge of Allegiance
Unscheduled Public Appearance
Margaret made a motion to approve the minutes from the August 7, 2019 Board Meeting, Sheila seconded.
Margaret made a motion that the board approve ratification of Voucher #8103 and payment of Voucher #8104, Kris seconded.
Head Teacher Report:
- No change in enrollment
- Teacherage Maintenance: all items completed except exterior paint, storm door replacement, installation of sunroom flooring (flooring should be in this week), trim in both sunrooms, paint front sunroom
- School Maintenance:
- After power washing the picnic tables, we discovered the wood is damaged and some boards are warped. Jerry recommends replacing the wood which will cost approximately $125
- 2 shingles replaced on roof
- Sport court power washed
- Ants flooded out; they returned shortly after
- Rain gutters cleaned
- Recommendations have been made for the security doors in the school; cost may be less than original quote
- Jordan looked under the school and said the beams don’t look bad
- Boys’ toilet: Jerry recommends we replace the toilet and repair the flooring
It was agreed that more information was needed before adopting the latest ASBA Policy Advisories.
- Margaret made a motion that the board approve website training in Prescott for Sue, Shannon and Renee, with training expenses not to exceed $500.00, Sheila seconded.